6 Essential Lure Retrieval Methods
6 Essential Lure Retrieval Methods
This is the most basic lure retrieve, which is to constantly stirring the reel "Straight Retrieve". lure was originally designed to imitate the action of small fish, even the constantly stirring of the spinning retrieve is very similar to the swimming of small fish, so it absolutely cannot be underestimated. The focus is the speed of stirring the retrieve device, and it applies to any type of lure. As for the speed, it should depend on the lure, the circumstances and the environment at that time.
Retrieve Method: The unique skill of constantly stirring the reel.
Stop and Go
As the name implies, this is the retrieve of repetitive stirring and resting. In fact, the bass is not so powerful, and cannot make it even if when eating the small fish, and there’re more occasions of letting the prey to escape. So, the method of "Stop and Go" appeared, which can be used for lure of floating water and diving minnow lure.
Retrieve Method: A simple skill of just stirring the reel handle.
1. Slightly drop the fishing rod, stir the reel 2 to 4 turns and stop.
2. Each resting time is about 4 to 5 seconds.
3. Then stir the reel again for 2 to 4 turns and stop. No matter the rest time is long or short, the fish is likely to be attracted and attack, so you should make many attempts.
The habit of all carnivores is that they’re interested in things floating and falling. When the fish see the small fish, shrimp or crabs near the stone that’re floating and falling, they will open their mouth to eat. According to this habit, it’s "Falling" when soft worms on the jig head or the metal bait sink. In the process of the sinking or at the beginning of withdrawing, they may attack at any time, so never be relaxed. "Free falling" means that when you cast the worms on the jig head, don’t press the reef when they reach the fishing site and let them keep sinking. Or "Curve Falling", which is the falling when they reach the fishing site after casting, withdraw and tighten the line, make the soft worms sink slant. There is also a "Vertical Jigging", which is targeted on iron plate lure, and often used in deep water areas or sea fishing.
1. Put the iron blade lure into the water, let it sink and swing, but note that you should stop when finding the fish line is irregular during the sinking, there’s fish to attack even in the middle layer, and they may attack at any time at the beginning of withdrawing, so don’t be relaxed after placing the bait.
2. Quickly withdraw the fishing rod when the blade touches the bottom.
3. Let the fishing rod to fall at the same intensity.
4. Stir the reef and when the fish line is fastened.
5. Repeat the above actions, until the blade reaches the water surface or leaves the attack range.
This is the basic skill of operating pencil type lure, and it’s called "Dog Walking" as the lure neck will make the actions swinging left and right. It imitates the state that the small fish jumps on the water surface. Sometimes the continuous "Dog Walking" will be very effective, and sometimes it will be more effective in relative resting.
1. Mainly use the rod tip to move the fishing line, use the wrist to gently rotate the fishing rod, that is, from left to right or right to left.
2. Repeat in circles for "Dog Walking".
3. After 2, 3 times of turns, put the raised rod to its original position, and quickly withdraw the loose fish line Repeat the above actions.
"Twitch" is the meaning of convulsion. After casting the floating type lure, slightly move the fishing rod horizontally while stirring the reef. In this way, lure can attract the fish with crazy irregular action different from the general swimming actions. Change lure actions by adjusting the strength of pulling the rod, so you should first practice in the shallow water.
1. After the casting the wire, quickly move the fish rod horizontally 2 to 3 times while stirring the reef at a fixed speed.
2. Return to the original location, and withdraw the loose fish wire. And then repeat the action of pulling the fishing rod.
3. Fish may bite bait when you begin to pull the fishing rod or soon after the action, so you should always focus on waiting for the fish to bite.
"Jerk" is to pull in a big move. In the use of small fish or curved lures, jerk to pull up the fishing rod after the casting. In "Jerking", you still need to operate the fishing rod in the "Stop and Go" action, while you can show the profound skills with the dexterous and clever action.
1. Jerk to pull up the fishing rod after the casting and pull the lure. Then you can coven the feeling on hand via the rod to control the lure actions.
2. Hang down the fishing rod, withdraw the loose fishing line and then pull up the fishing rod again.
3. The fishing opportunity of this technique lies in when you begin to pull the fishing rod or soon after the action.